Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Abstract Iphoneography

Art Prints
Since I went back to my graphic design job last year (with a son in college and a daughter headed there next year), I haven't had time for a lot of painting or designing, but I do take infinite photos of works in progress and small works. And in those little spare moments I spend a lot of time tweaking the images on my iPhone -- textures I've created, layered with other abstract photos I've taken, blended with a variety of technology -- and voila! New images, new textures, new backgrounds, new ideas. Using technology does not make the art. It's the opposite. I bring my art (paintings, photographs, textures) to the technology and carefully craft all of the elements into a work that suits my aesthetic. This is the first of many, many pieces that have been laying low on my phone. I'm not sure why I never posted them before, but here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment